Finding a blender for crushing ice & fruits can be challenging. To get the best ice crushing blender, you have to determine the required materials, including the motor, blades, and other aspects- which you can learn in this article. We’ve also listed our top picks for the best blenders for ice. Not all blenders you see around can crush ice and frozen fruit efficiently. In fact, you need to be meticulous when it comes to selecting one.
And in this buyers’ guide, you’ll be able to understand some of the fundamental aspects to look into when seeking the best ice blender for your needs.
The next time you find yourself in such a situation, it becomes easy to select one that offers the best ice and frozen foods crushing efficiency.
- Common Problems when Blending Ice with a Blender
- Top 5 Blenders for Ice
- 1. Blendtec Total Blender – The Monster that Will Crush any Frozen Ingredients
- 2. Vitamix Professional Series 750 – Ideal for Frozen Fruits lovers
- 3. Oster Versa Pro Series Blender – Affordable Blender for Crushing Ice
- 4. Oster Pro 1200 Blender – Best Value Blender for Ice
- 5. Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Blender (BL482) – Bullet Blender with Crushing Ice Capability
- 5 Aspects to Know Before Buy the Best Blender for Crushing Ice – Buyer’s Guide
- 1. Ice crushing blender must have a powerful motor
Common Problems when Blending Ice with a Blender
There are common problems when blending ice with a blender.
Blending these types of food ingredients can be a frustrating or enjoyable task, depending on the quality of the machine you’re using.
It’s more unlikely that you would want to get yourself in a situation where you instead get a blender that fails to crush your frozen fruits and thus leaving you with a lumpy or grainy solution, or even worse, you burnt out your blender.
So what’s the ideal solution in this case? The simplest way is just going for a high-quality blender capable of blending all types of these frozen foods.
For example, this Blendtec Designer 625 can be your best blender for crushing ice or frozen foods.
The market currently constitutes a variety of heavy-duty blenders to make frozen drinks. They provide the best quality smoothies from frozen fruits and vegetables with relative ease.
Perhaps you could be worried that high-quality blending machines for crushing ice would be comparatively expensive. It is not always the case. All you need to do is to identify the best manufacturer and buy from them.
Again, expensive is relative. Nonetheless, the most certain thing is that even if a quality blender that crushes ice is pricey, you’re getting value for your money.
Top 5 Blenders for Ice
1. Blendtec Total Blender – The Monster that Will Crush any Frozen Ingredients
This product is arguably one of the best blenders that crush ice and frozen ingredients. It’s manufactured by Blendtec and offers some of the best ice crushing and blending features that you can ever find in such a blender.
Quite expectedly, this unit comes with a 3-peak horsepower drive motor of 1560 watts. Of course, for a powerful blender of its caliber, it has to be powerful for efficiency.
This unit also comes with preprogrammed blending cycles, digital touch-pad controls, and auto-shutoff. Now, this is amazing because you’ll find it reasonably easy to operate it during blending.
It also allows you to choose your specific blending speed for the particular ingredients and shuts off automatically when done.
The blender is so powerful that it has 2-prong blades made of stainless steel, spins up to 29,000 RPMs, and crushes even the hardest ingredients. The result is a delicious ice-cold smoothie!
The design is also appealing, sleek, modern, and sizeable enough to fit into most kitchen countertops nicely.
What’s more, is that it comes with a patented BPA-free plastic jar with a volume of 2 quartz with a nice secure lid that fits tightly to prevent loose connection and enhance proper blending.
The jar is lightweight, easy to pour and get ingredients out, easy to wash, and comes with handy measurements so you can put the desired amount of ingredients.
- Easy blending cycles: 1-touch buttons, 6 pre-programmed cycles, pulse, and 10 speed manual control with the ability to achieve a variety of textures. Complete control to adjust your blending at any time while blending
- Patented blade/80% thicker: stainless-steel forged blade, with wings, for amazingly smooth blends (10x stronger than other blender blades). note: Blade is not sharp, blade is dull. No more cuts and pokes. Self-cleaning: add a little soap and water, your jar can clean itself in less than 1 minute
- Large batches: BPA-free four-sided jar is a 75 ounce volume jar with 32 ounce blending capacity (wet or dry) ideal for blending beverages for 3-4 people
- Warming Soup: Blendtec blenders heat soups and drinks through blade friction heat. Enjoy a warm meal or beverage in 6 minutes or less. Electrical ratings: Volts 120, Watt 1560, Hz 50-60, amp 13, cord: feet 35inches/3 feet
- 8 year warranty/American Company: Family-owned and driven to build the best quality products - without compromise. Engineered and assembled in the USA.
2. Vitamix Professional Series 750 – Ideal for Frozen Fruits lovers
Vitamix 750 Pro series is my favorite blender for smoothies. It never fails to help me make any smoothies that include ice cubes or frozen fruits as ingredients.
Since its introduction five years ago, this Vitamix blender has continued to be extremely popular among many people.
One of its outstanding features is the 5-pre-programmed settings that automatically handle different types of food ingredients for smoothies, purees, and desserts and cleans itself.
So you won’t worry about cleaning it after you finish blending. With just a drop of dish soap and warm water, this unit cleans itself in less than a minute.
It also comes with a commercial-grade 2.2 peak horsepower motor and four blades made of hardened stainless steel, which can blend any ingredient regardless of texture.
The low-profile 64-ounce container is suitable for family meals, appeals to the eye, and fits comfortably in most kitchen cabinets.
The blades are strong owing to the stainless steel material, to blend ice and frozen ingredients properly.
It also has a 2-Santoprene rubber lid and a detachable plug so that you can add ingredients while still blending.
Nonetheless, the jar is BPA free PVC plastic in a stainless steel housing hence giving it ideal protection from breaking.
The motor base is also comparatively stable, which is important since it provides the necessary stability, especially when blending at high speeds.
- Pvc plastic BPA-free housing in stainless steel
- 2. 2-Peak-horsepower motor and wide blade radius
- 2-Piece Neoprene rubber lid with a removable plug for adding ingredients while use
- Stainless steel blade construction
- 64-Oz. Carafe is BPA-free Eastman Tritan polyester
3. Oster Versa Pro Series Blender – Affordable Blender for Crushing Ice
This product is a magnificent blender from Oster ideal for crushing ice cubes and other frozen food ingredients.
It features a low-profile jar, which is essential when it comes to storage under the kitchen cabinets. The 64-ounce jar also allows you to make enough smoothie, soup, or puree for the entire family in one sitting.
This blender features a powerful 1,400-watt motor and stainless steel blade that spins at approximately 28,000 RPMs or 250 mph as it thoroughly squashes and blends even the hardest ingredients.
The 3-pre-programmed settings, which include smoothies, Dips/spreads, and soup, and the variable speed dial help in the quicker adjustment of suitable speed to meet the specific blending needs.
It is also easy to clean, and you only need warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Then switch the blades on for about a minute- you will finish cleaning it.
What’s amazing is the whooping 7-year manufacturer warranty that it comes with, given that the price is reasonably affordable for an ice crushing blender of this caliber.
The quality of engineering on this Oster blender is top-notch, with a sturdy motor base that provides necessary stability when blending.
- Powerful 1400W motor
- 64-Ounce BPA-free Tritan jar
- Three programmed settings (smoothies, dips/spreads and Soup) and variable speed dial to instantly adjust speed as needed
- Stainless steel blade spins at over 250 mph thoroughly blending ingredients so recipes turn out Perfect every time
- Includes 2 color cookbooks with recipes to inspire you; 7 year
4. Oster Pro 1200 Blender – Best Value Blender for Ice
This product is one of the most affordable units that offer high efficiency in blending ice and frozen fruits from Oster.
Price notwithstanding, this is one of the best Oster blenders that matches some of the market’s top-notch brands.
It provides you with the ability to use a food processor and blender interchangeably powered by its powerful 1200 watt motor, which allows you to easily make anything you want from purees, desserts, and soups.
What’s more is that it also features smart settings technology with 7-speeds, including 3-preprogrammed settings for one-touch salsa, smoothies, and milkshakes with pulse buttons for enhanced control precision.
Another magnificent feature of this blender is its dual-direction blade technology, which enables it to blend in forward and reverse. It allows the ingredients to flow down the blade to produce better results easily.
The blade made of stainless steel is also strong and relatively large than its previous versions.
It comes with a 6-cup patented Boroclass glass jar, which is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Moreover, it contains a pulse feature that helps in additional control and precision.
This unit also comes with 5-cup BPA free bowls for food processing, and a stainless steel slicing disk, and a chopping blade.
- The Oster pro 1200 blender plus food processor starts with 1200 powerful watts, and lets you use the blender and food processor features interchangeably to make everything from smoothies to salsa to soup with ease
- Blender and food chopper feature smart settings technology and 7 speeds, including 3 pre programmed settings for 1 touch salsas, milkshakes, and smoothies, plus pulse for added control and precision
- Dual direction blade technology blends in forward and reverse, allowing ingredients to flow down into the blade easier for faster and smoother results; the powerful and precise blade system is 50 percent larger compared to previous oster blenders
- Comes with an 6 cup boroclass glass jar; extra large, bpa free 5 cup food processing bowl; stainless steel slicing disk and chopping blade; and 24 ounce lidded smoothie to go cup
- 10 year duration last all metal drive limited warranty for longevity; 900 watts of ice crushing power
5. Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Blender (BL482) – Bullet Blender with Crushing Ice Capability
It is arguably one of the smallest but powerful blenders specifically designed for people on the go like busy professionals and students who will always want to fix and drink their smoothies as quickly as possible.
This personal blender has a powerful 1000-watts motor with an auto shut-off feature that stops the motor when it overheats.
And the AutoiQ feature provides you with a set of automatically configured blending programs that makes it possible for you to get the best results.
So essentially, after configuration, it simply mixes the ingredients continuously, pulse and pause accordingly depending on the pattern and stops automatically the moment timer runs out.
This Ninja professional blender comes along with different sized portable containers made of BPA-free material for drinking smoothies.
Moreover, this blender comes with specially engineered stainless steel Pro-Extractor blades, which are rust-proof and powerful.
This blender can crush seeds, ice, and frozen ingredients at a button’s touch, extracting nutritious smoothies and juices.
It also detects the extent to which the ingredients are blended to make it possible for you to get the best drink all the time.
- Powerful 1000-Watts
- Auto-iQ programs provide one-touch intelligence
- Extract nutritious smoothies & juices
- Twist on a lid for easy on-the-go sipping. Use a damp cloth to wipe the motor base clean
- Crush ice, seeds & frozen ingredients at the touch of a button
5 Aspects to Know Before Buy the Best Blender for Crushing Ice – Buyer’s Guide
Before you decide to buy blenders for crushing ice or frozen ingredients, you should check these five important aspects to optimize your experiences when blending ice.
1. Ice crushing blender must have a powerful motor
The motor power is an essential element to consider when buying an ice crusher blender. Most of the blenders available in the market that fall short of this feature lack sufficient punch.
It’s no reasonable doubt that an ideal blender for crushing frozen smoothie ingredients has to be powerful. At the same time, powerful blenders also must be safe to use, especially when plugging into the power socket.
This kind of blender’s ideal motor power needs to range from between 1000 watts to 1500 watts motor. It is enough to push the blender to crush the ice without difficulty. The motors should be powerful enough to drive and crush the ice or frozen ingredient put before them.
Technology is also advancing. So it’s even advisable to consider some of the additional features that enhance power utilization and safety in a blending machine for crushing ice. For instance, a cooling feature that would allow the motor to cool down after extensive use is recommendable.
Some models come with an advanced in-built overheat function that turns off the blender and allows the motor to cool down for a couple of minutes before resuming the task.
This does not only prevent the motor from overheating and burning out. It also ensures you stay safe as a user from any imminent electric hitch, leading to injuries. It also adds value to the blending process since you’ll get first-class smoothies.
2. Ice crushing blender blades made from strong material
Blades are arguably among the most important components to consider when looking for an ice blender. Many people never bother to understand the blades’ role in crushing frozen fruits and food ingredients during blending cold smoothies.
First, for adequate performance, know that sturdy materials should make the blades. The blade design is also important; you don’t need sharp blades, but the blades should be at a vantage angle that easily allows the blender to catch the ice or any frozen food content.
Blendtec and Vitamix produce very high-quality blades from stainless metal with a technology process that will never give you any downside when use to crush ice and frozen fruits.
Those two blenders have a different design in their blades, but they have a very sturdy blades’ material. For more info, you can check this article to compare Blendtec vs Vitamix blades.
If you find a blender with blades close to the jar’s sides or bottom, don’t hesitate to buy. In most cases, such blades hardly allow food contents to pass through without chopping them. It makes the works easy and faster. I’m sure that’s the type of blender to crush frozen drinks that you would certainly need.
3. Find the right design and material for the container
We understand the significance of wattage in ice blenders. However, it is not utterly the determinant factor of its overall performance. The design of the jar is also essential that will also add to the performance equation. How is this possible?
The best blender for crushing ice cubes will always move the frozen ingredients in constant motion while sucking it down via the blades. The contents are pushed up the sides of the jar and whirl around in a continuous whirlpool. So, the entire process is then often dependent on the shape of the jar.
A blender with a relatively wide pitcher makes it easy for the blending contents to fall to the blades, speeding up the process. On the other hand, narrow jars would often require you to push the frozen ingredients down using a spatula, which can be a demanding task.
Therefore, you need to make the right choice based on the design of the jar you are selecting. Importantly, the jar’s shape and size determine the blending speed and the quantity of the content you’ll obtain from the process.
Furthermore, the material of the jar is also a significant aspect. It is ideal to go for one that is a dense polycarbonate material. Alternatively, one made of impact-resistant glass would also be suitable. As long as the jar material’s durability is stable under normal situations, you are good to go.
4. Ease and convenience of use
Blenders are machines where some have a complex design that would hinder anyone from using it with ease. If you’re using the blender daily, you certainly want something that does not require much effort to assemble. In this case, you also don’t need a blender that will take ample of your time to clean.
A variety of models out there often come with user manuals. Such manuals are helpful, especially for someone who doesn’t understand how to operate these blending machines.
However, it would help if you also went for efficient but straightforward blenders that would not require many technical capabilities to operate. You definitely can’t fail to get one from the many dealers around.
Essentially, make sure that you pick a blender to crush frozen fruit that wouldn’t waste your time and energy in your blending efforts.
This one is always a sensitive element when purchasing anything. When it comes to pricing, the bone of contention is whether or not you’ll get value for your money.
Ice blenders often have prices according to different features depending on a specific manufacturer. It is always advisable to check out with varying dealers before you settle for purchasing from the specific one. Some dealers often offer these units at discounted rates from time to time, helping you save little bucks.
It’s possible that you now understand the significant difference between blending ordinary ingredients and frozen ingredients. Blending ice needs a high-quality, more powerful, and efficient blender for best results. It is thus imperative to ensure that you make the right choice to make a great addition to your kitchen.
Andrew is a blending and juicing enthusiast for over 8 years. He believes that there is no perfect smoothie without a proper blender and the same applies too for a juice.